Bug Jam 34 - The original and best VW fest
24th / 26th JULY 2020 at SANTA POD RACEWAY
A true VW festival in every sense of the word, with a vibrant and fun atmosphere, bringing to life the very essence of VW and Campervan culture. Europe’s largest VW event incorporates an eclectic mix of all things VW, with drag racing, Run What Ya Brung, nightlife, Show & Shine, comedy, stunt displays, fun fair, massive trade village, Retrojumble and much more.TICKETS: Weekend Tickets from £70 - Kids Under 14 FREE* Buy Tickets
What's On at Bug Jam 34
Drag Racing (Sat & Sun)
With qualifying starting on Saturday and eliminations on Sunday, you're sure to see plenty of the fastest, maddest VWs in Europe! Wheelies and close racing are guaranteed!
The VWDRC will be joined by the Outlaw Flat Four, the road legal hot rods of Street Eliminator and Sportsman ET for championships drag racing.
Run What Ya Brung - RWYB
VWs ONLY (Fri 12pm-7pm (£20) & Sat 9.30am-3pm (£15))
Get your own VW on the track on Friday and Saturday, unlimited runs and a full performance print out for each run. Don't forget to bring your driving licence if you want to use the track. Full details
Evening Music* - Stage / Tents / Bar (Fri & Sat)
Bug Jam hosts five music arenas including the Main Stage, Dance Tent, Retro Tent, BugWam and Fuelers Bar, on both Friday and Saturday evenings, catering for all tastes from indie and dance DJs through to live bands and tribute acts.
*As part of your Sporting Event entrance only.
Daytime Music* - BugWam & Stage (Fri, Sat & Sun)
You don't have to wait till the evening for the entertainment to start at Bug Jam with the BugWam and the Live Stage busy during the day on Friday, Saturday & Sunday!
The BugWam is the perfect place to chill out, relax and put your feet up. There will be live acoustic music and DJs from afternoon through to evening and a licenced bar.
Autoglym Show & Shine (SATURDAY!)
Strictly VWs ONLY
Saturday is the show day for the real head-turners. If you’ve got perfect paintwork, a cool custom ride or a rare vintage VW, make sure you bring your car along to the Autoglym Show & Shine competition. Full details
VW Rust & Rat (SUNDAY!)
Strictly VWs ONLY
Sunday will be the day where rusty cars shine! If you’ve got a cool rat-ride, rusty original, mean military or battered baja, get along to the Rust & Rat Show. It's open to entries from 9am, and free to enter. Just rock up, register, and chill out until the presentations take place. Full details
Camping at Bug Jam
Camping is included with all weekend tickets bought in advance or on the gate. As well as General Camping there is Club Camping and Quiet / Family Camping (will be signposted and noise curfews will be strictly enforced). Full details on the Camping page.
VW Club Camping - Spend Bug Jam camping with your members in your own allocated club camping area. You will need at least 10 display vehicles to book club camping. Full details of how to book on the Clubs page.
Camping, Glamping, Caravans & RV Hire:
- Camplify - Peer-to-peer caravan hire and RV-sharing community that can be booked at the event. Visit www.camplify.co.uk
- Pillow - Pre-pitched tents or glamping tents at Santa Pod Raceway are available from Pillow. Visit www.pillow.co.uk
- American Motorhomes - Large high spec motorhomes available for any events, delivered ready to Santa Pod Raceway. Visit www.rjfmotorhomes.com
Human Powered Racing (Sat)
It’s a simple race from the start-line to the finish-line and back, but no engines are permitted! Anyone can enter and there are four trophies: Quickest Bicycle, Quickest Skate (boots and boards), Quickest Runner, and Most Imaginative Entry.
Comedy (Fri & Sat)
There will be a line up of top comedians on Friday & Saturday including up and coming new acts and established pros to tickle your ribs. Details on the Comedy page.
Oklahoma Willy - The Jet Bus (Sat & Sun)
This 1958 VW pick up spent most of her life on a farm in Oklahoma. Over the last 4 years the truck has undergone a total nut and bolt restoration and has been re-engineered to introduce modern components. The Rolls Royce Viper 535 jet engine is from a fighter jet with an afterburner added to produce a maximum power output of 5000 lbs of thrust which can be roughly translated to 5000 BHP.
Bug Jam's Got Talent (Saturday)
We’re giving contestants 3 minutes each to show off their talent on the Bug Jam main stage. The great thing is, YOU pick what your talent is! Age 14 and over
Little Buggerz Got Talent (Sunday)
There will be a separate contest for Kids on Sunday with the Adults on Saturday. Age Under 14
Details on the Bug Jam's Got Talent page.
The Magic Teapot (Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun)
This lovely, unique structure is an all-weather fireside venue. The space is hosted by the Teapot Crew who are musicians, tea makers and fire keepers. Entertainment is provided and guests to the space are encouraged to bring what they can to the circle…a song…a story…a listening ear, there will be a piano, a range of other instruments and the kettle is always simmering on the fire.
It is also about as green as you can get - being acoustic-only means no electricity required; real mugs and cutlery means no single-use plastic waste; it uses sustainably sourced logs to fuel the fire.
Monster Trucks - Podzilla (Sat & Sun)
The Monster Truck Podzilla will be putting on a high flying display of car crushing mayhem. Get ready to cheer as Novas and Saxos get what's coming.
Terry Grant (Sat & Sun)
Multiple world record breaking stunt driver Terry Grant will be performing precision stunts in a range of cars.
Broke FMX (Sat & Sun)
The thrill of seeing athletes jumping 35 feet in the air pulling acrobatic stunts over gaps approaching 100 feet is a sight to behold and challenges the very senses.
The show features the UK’s top ranked freestyle motocross riders, incorporating the latest heart stopping tricks as usually only seen on TV. The team set the standard for 10 years and now continues to push the boundaries of FMX and lead the way for all motorcycle display teams.
Trade Village (Fri, Sat & Sun)
If you're looking for car parts, want a cool t-shirt or fancy a lowrider bicycle to get round site, you'll find it all in the Bug Jam trade areas. Visit the Pod Shops for camping supplies and Bug Jam clothing. View info on how to trade at Bug Jam on the Traders page.
Retrojumble (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Buyers: Rare and vintage VW parts at bargain prices. Need a decklid for your oval or a period radio for that finishing touch? Have a look here.
Sellers: If you have a veritable scrapyard of second hand parts at home or just a handful of spares, autojumble is the place to sell. Details on Retrojumble page. NO CLOTHING ALLOWED
Cars 4 Sale (Fri, Sat & Sun)
If you've got a car you want to sell, park it up in the Cars For Sale Paddock, stick your phone number on the dashboard, and wait for the calls to come flooding in. Whether you're buying, selling or browsing, this is the best way to shift cars at the show.
Miniature Campervans (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Kids will be able to drive miniature camper vans from Vags Dub Totrods.
Action Wheels (Fri, Sat & Sun)
A safe, friendly and exciting “Have-A-Go” two wheeled feature aimed at children aged 2 and upwards and of all abilities on two wheels. A child friendly Adventure Zone which includes balance beams, sea saws and rumble strips is created for the children to navigate their way around. Action Wheels supply a selection of bikes and safety gear that’s FREE to use for all ages and abilities.
Bug Jam Beer Festival & Gin Palace (Fri, Sat & Sun)
There will be a Beer Festival with ales and ciders from local breweries, so if you’re a real ale fan then head over to Fuelers Bar.
If gin is your tipple then head to Bug Wam for the Gin Palace & Shots Bar.
Bars & Caterers (Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun)
Caterers and bars will be open around site all weekend. There will be a wide range of food and drink to suit all tastes from burgers and pizzas to Chinese, Mexican and Indian. Coffee and Milkshakes plus Licensed Bars (Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, no under 18s after 11pm) View caterer details.
Bug Jam 33 Photo Gallery:
View more photos from Bug Jam 33 on the Facebook Gallery.
Follow Bug Jam & Santa Pod on Facebook
Santa Pod Raceway
Santa Pod Raceway is the UK's premier Drag Strip in the middle of England on the border of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. For full venue details please visit www.santapod.com.
Nitro FM on 96.2 will be broadcasting all weekend with live track commentary, a selection of great music, interviews and chat to keep you informed and entertained throughout the day.
Fill out your e-mail address on the Newsletter page to receive the Santa Pod Email News Letter and you will also be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a £50 Santa Pod Raceway gift voucher.
- EXIT & RE-ENTRY GUIDE: Bug Jam is one of Santa Pod’s busiest and most popular events in the calendar and we have a large number of visitors using rural routes through our neighbouring villages. To relieve our local communities of unnecessary traffic during the event, Bug Jam operates a strict re-entry policy to minimise disruption: visitors choosing to leave the venue anytime during the weekend will need to pay to re-enter the venue even if they have already purchased a ticket. So, please bring all of the camping supplies that you will need for the weekend including enough petrol/diesel! Your continued cooperation in this matter is always appreciated and keeps the Bug Jam vibe alive.
- NO SPACE SAVING: Campers will no longer be able to save space for friends arriving at a later time. Large groups should book club camping pitches, and small groups should aim to arrive together.
- CAMPING SPACE & LARGER VEHICLES: If your camping space is considered excessive by the campsite stewards, the organisers reserve the right to reduce the size of the area you have taken up. Please be sensible in this respect to avoid any inconvenience with your set up. The contents of larger vehicles will be checked and noted on arrival for non-camping related items. If you are bringing sofas and similar furniture items to Bug Jam you must take these items away with you when you leave site.
- LIMITED TICKETS: The number of tickets going on sale will be strictly limited. That means first-come-first-served, and those who book in advance will have priority over anyone trying to buy tickets on the gate. If tickets sell out before the event, NO tickets will be available to buy on the gate, so Santa Pod can be certain that we can accommodate everyone.
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS: Chinese lanterns are banned at Santa Pod Raceway as they pose a real fire hazard to the crops and thatched roofs surrounding the track.
- NO GLASS: No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas. Cars will be searched on arrival.
- CHILD WRISTBANDS: Children can sometimes wander off, wristbands for children will be issued when you arrive, please write a contact phone number on the wristband and make sure your child wears it so we can call you if we find the little treasure should they become separated from you.
- When you arrive and leave site, please keep your speed down, don't litter and respect local residents.