Bug Jam 33 - The original and best VW fest
FRIDAY 26th / SUNDAY 28th JULY 2019 at SANTA POD RACEWAY
Weekend Adult Tickets from £70 (adv) - Buy Tickets
A true VW festival in every sense of the word, with a vibrant and fun atmosphere, bringing to life the very essence of VW and Campervan culture. Europe’s largest VW event incorporates an eclectic mix of all things VW, with drag racing, Run What Ya Brung, nightlife, Show & Shine, comedy, stunt displays, fun fair, massive trade village, Retrojumble and much more.
What's On at Bug Jam 33
Drag Racing (Sat & Sun)
With qualifying starting on Saturday and eliminations on Sunday, you're sure to see plenty of the fastest, maddest VWs in Europe! Wheelies and close racing are guaranteed!
The VWDRC will be joined by the Nitro Funny Car Series, the Outlaw Flat Four, the road legal hot rods of Street Eliminator, the vintage Fords of Outlaw Anglia, and Sportsman ET for championships drag racing.
Run What Ya Brung - RWYB
VWs ONLY (Fri 12pm-7pm (£20) & Sat 9.30am-3pm (£15))
Get your own VW on the track on Friday and Saturday, unlimited runs and a full performance print out for each run. Don't forget to bring your driving licence if you want to use the track. Full details
Evening Music* - Stage / Tents / Bar (Fri & Sat)
Bug Jam hosts five music arenas including the Main Stage, Dance Tent, Retro Tent, BugWam and Fuelers Bar, on both Friday and Saturday evenings, catering for all tastes from indie and dance DJs through to live bands and tribute acts.
Details on the Gig Guide page.
*As part of your Sporting Event entrance only.
Daytime Music* - BugWam & Stage (Fri, Sat & Sun)
You don't have to wait till the evening for the entertainment to start at Bug Jam with the BugWam and the Live Stage busy during the day on Friday, Saturday & Sunday!
The BugWam is the perfect place to chill out, relax and put your feet up. There will be live acoustic music and DJs from afternoon through to evening and a licenced bar.
Details on the Daytime Gig Guide page.
Friday: Phil short, Leon Marshall, Mia & the Moon, James Watt & the Avenues, Natalie McCool, Darren Jones
Saturday: Kenneth J Nash, Pembroke Tenneson, CJ Hatt, Adam Ellis, Simplicity
Sunday: Steve Birks, Jono & The Uke Dealers, Cold Cold Heart
The Black Eagles, Variety Spectacular, Escaplogist
Autoglym Show & Shine (SATURDAY!)
Strictly VWs ONLY
Saturday is the show day for the real head-turners. If you’ve got perfect paintwork, a cool custom ride or a rare vintage VW, make sure you bring your car along to the Autoglym Show & Shine competition. Full details
VW Rust & Rat (SUNDAY!)
Strictly VWs ONLY
Sunday will be the day where rusty cars shine! If you’ve got a cool rat-ride, rusty original, mean military or battered baja, get along to the Rust & Rat Show. It's open to entries from 9am, and free to enter. Just rock up, register, and chill out until the presentations take place. Full details
Camping at Bug Jam
Camping is included with all weekend tickets bought in advance or on the gate. As well as General Camping there is Club Camping and Quiet / Family Camping (will be signposted and noise curfews will be strictly enforced). Full details on the Camping page.
VW Club Camping - Spend Bug Jam camping with your members in your own allocated club camping area. You will need at least 10 display vehicles to book club camping. Full details of how to book on the Clubs page.
Camping, Glamping, Caravans & RV Hire:
- Camplify - Peer-to-peer caravan hire and RV-sharing community that can be booked at the event. Visit www.camplify.co.uk
- Pillow - Pre-pitched tents or glamping tents at Santa Pod Raceway are available from Pillow. Visit www.pillow.co.uk
- American Motorhomes - Large high spec motorhomes available for any events, delivered ready to Santa Pod Raceway. Visit www.rjfmotorhomes.com
Little Buggerz - Kids Zone (Fri, Sat & Sun)
An entire Kids Zone running all weekend located in and around a giant TeePee. UNDER 10s ONLY
Featuring: Face Painting, Ceramic Workshop, Junk Orchestra, Reading Area, Arts & Crafts, Panda-Monium, Evening of Magic, Giant Games Arena, Mad Dom, Punch & Judy, Balloon Modelling, Kids Sumo Wrestling, Daft Slime Party, Disco, Story Telling, Big Bubbles, Doodle Art.
Full details on the Little Buggerz page.
Human Powered Racing (Sat)
It’s a simple race from the start-line to the finish-line and back, but no engines are permitted! Anyone can enter and there are four trophies: Fastest Bicycle, Fastest Skate (boots and boards), Fastest Runner, and Most Imaginative Entry.
Comedy (Fri & Sat)
There will be a line up of top comedians on Friday & Saturday including up and coming new acts and established pros to tickle your ribs. Details on the Comedy page.
Cool Flo Arena
with Slippers the Split DJ Bus!!! (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Slippers The Split DJ bus in association with Cool Flo will be hosting The Cool Flo Arena debuting their brand new DAS audio sound system for all to enjoy….all 32KW of it! Expect a selection of headlining DJs playing all weekend alongside demonstration shows from Cool Flo’s pro riders on the BMX and skate ramp. The ramp will also be open for public sessions.
The Magic Teapot (Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun)
This lovely, unique structure is an all-weather fireside venue. The space is hosted by the Teapot Crew who are musicians, tea makers and fire keepers. Entertainment is provided and guests to the space are encouraged to bring what they can to the circle…a song…a story…a listening ear, there will be a piano, a range of other instruments and the kettle is always simmering on the fire.
It is also about as green as you can get - being acoustic-only means no electricity required; real mugs and cutlery means no single-use plastic waste; it uses sustainably sourced logs to fuel the fire.
Bug Jam's Got Talent (Saturday)
We’re giving contestants 3 minutes each to show off their talent on the Bug Jam main stage. The great thing is, YOU pick what your talent is! Age 14 and over
Little Buggerz Got Talent (Sunday)
There will be a separate contest for Kids on Sunday with the Adults on Saturday. Age Under 14
Details on the Bug Jam's Got Talent page.
Monster Trucks - Podzilla (Sat & Sun)
The Monster Truck Podzilla will be putting on a high flying display of car crushing mayhem. Get ready to cheer as Novas and Saxos get what's coming.
Terry Grant (Sat & Sun)
Multiple world record breaking stunt driver Terry Grant will be performing precision stunts in a range of cars.
Jet Car (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Get ready to experience a Jet Car when Martin Hill brings out the world record breaking Fireforce 3 Jet Funny Car to light up the track.
Oklahoma Willy - The Jet Bus (Sat & Sun)
This 1958 VW pick up spent most of her life on a farm in Oklahoma. Over the last 4 years the truck has undergone a total nut and bolt restoration and has been re-engineered to introduce modern components. The Rolls Royce Viper 535 jet engine is from a fighter jet with an afterburner added to produce a maximum power output of 5000 lbs of thrust which can be roughly translated to 5000 BHP.
Baja & Buggy Course (Sat & Sun)
Take your off-road dub for some fun in the dirt. A short grass and dirt track will include fun corners and gentle bumps to let you get your kicks and show off your ride. Free entry for all suitable vehicles. Hosted by the Bajaclub.co.uk.
Lee Bowers (Sat only)
Top freestyle motorcycle stunt rider Lee Bowers will be wowing the crowds with his jaw-dropping motorbike stunts.
Bug Jam Beer Festival & Gin Palace (Fri, Sat & Sun)
There will be a Beer Festival with ales and ciders from local breweries, so if you’re a real ale fan then head over to Fuelers Bar.
If gin is your tipple then head to Bug Wam for the Gin Palace & Shots Bar.
Trade Village (Fri, Sat & Sun)
If you're looking for car parts, want a cool t-shirt or fancy a lowrider bicycle to get round site, you'll find it all in the Bug Jam trade areas. Visit the Pod Shops for camping supplies and Bug Jam clothing. View info on how to trade at Bug Jam on the Traders page.
Retrojumble (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Buyers: Rare and vintage VW parts at bargain prices. Need a decklid for your oval or a period radio for that finishing touch? Have a look here.
Sellers: If you have a veritable scrapyard of second hand parts at home or just a handful of spares, autojumble is the place to sell. Details on Retrojumble page. NO CLOTHING ALLOWED
Cars 4 Sale (Fri, Sat & Sun)
If you've got a car you want to sell, park it up in the Cars For Sale Paddock, stick your phone number on the dashboard, and wait for the calls to come flooding in. Whether you're buying, selling or browsing, this is the best way to shift cars at the show.
Fancy Dress (Fri & Sat Eve)
The winner of a poll to decide a fancy dress theme for Bug Jam 33 was "World War II" to commemorate the Heroes of the conflict in the 75th anniversary year of D Day, which narrowly pipped "Hippies".
So Bug Jammers are required to report for duty at 09:00hrs at Santa Pod Raceway on the 26th July ready for some serious R&R. Be equipped to have a great time… and because Hippies love to party, we’re gonna let them come along too. So if you’re that way inclined; find those flares, dig out that kaftan, don the rose tinted specs and see everything as “beautiful” and be part of "Heroes and Hippies" at Bug Jam 33… It’s WAR and PEACE (man).
Graffiti Wall (Sat & Sun)
Ever wanted to see how Graffiti Art is created? Peaceful Progress are based in Cardiff with almost 20 years experience they specialise in creating large-scale murals on almost any surface. They created a bespoke mural last year and are back this year painting another blockbuster mural live over the Saturday and Sunday. Come see the work being created first hand.
Granny Turismo (Sat & Sun)
Granny Turismo are the world’s first and only shopping trolley dance display team; they are looking forward to burning some rubber this weekend! Be prepared for banging tunes, donuts and some pretty cool dance routines!
Action Wheels (Fri, Sat & Sun)
A safe, friendly and exciting “Have-A-Go” two wheeled feature aimed at children aged 2 and upwards and of all abilities on two wheels. A child friendly Adventure Zone which includes balance beams, sea saws and rumble strips is created for the children to navigate their way around. Action Wheels supply a selection of bikes and safety gear that’s free to use for all ages and abilities.
Bars & Caterers (Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun)
Caterers and bars will be open around site all weekend. There will be a wide range of food and drink to suit all tastes from burgers and pizzas to Chinese, Mexican and Indian. Coffee and Milkshakes plus Licensed Bars (Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, no under 18s after 11pm) View caterer details.
Bug Jam 32 Gallery
View photos from Bug Jam 32 on the Facebook Gallery.
Follow Bug Jam & Santa Pod on Facebook
Santa Pod Raceway
Santa Pod Raceway is the UK's premier Drag Strip in the middle of England on the border of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. For full venue details please visit www.santapod.com.
Nitro FM on 96.2 will be broadcasting all weekend with live track commentary, a selection of great music, interviews and chat to keep you informed and entertained throughout the day.
Fill out your e-mail address on the Newsletter page to receive the Santa Pod Email News Letter and you will also be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a £50 Santa Pod Raceway gift voucher.
- EXIT & RE-ENTRY GUIDE: Bug Jam is one of Santa Pod’s busiest and most popular events in the calendar and we have a large number of visitors using rural routes through our neighbouring villages. To relieve our local communities of unnecessary traffic during the event, Bug Jam operates a strict re-entry policy to minimise disruption: visitors choosing to leave the venue anytime during the weekend will need to pay to re-enter the venue even if they have already purchased a ticket. So, please bring all of the camping supplies that you will need for the weekend including enough petrol/diesel! Your continued cooperation in this matter is always appreciated and keeps the Bug Jam vibe alive.
- NO SPACE SAVING: Campers will no longer be able to save space for friends arriving at a later time. Large groups should book club camping pitches, and small groups should aim to arrive together.
- CAMPING SPACE & LARGER VEHICLES: If your camping space is considered excessive by the campsite stewards, the organisers reserve the right to reduce the size of the area you have taken up. Please be sensible in this respect to avoid any inconvenience with your set up. The contents of larger vehicles will be checked and noted on arrival for non-camping related items. If you are bringing sofas and similar furniture items to Bug Jam you must take these items away with you when you leave site.
- LIMITED TICKETS: The number of tickets going on sale will be strictly limited. That means first-come-first-served, and those who book in advance will have priority over anyone trying to buy tickets on the gate. If tickets sell out before the event, NO tickets will be available to buy on the gate, so Santa Pod can be certain that we can accommodate everyone.
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS: Chinese lanterns are banned at Santa Pod Raceway as they pose a real fire hazard to the crops and thatched roofs surrounding the track.
- NO GLASS: No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas. Cars will be searched on arrival.
- CHILD WRISTBANDS: Children can sometimes wander off, wristbands for children will be issued when you arrive, please write a contact phone number on the wristband and make sure your child wears it so we can call you if we find the little treasure should they become separated from you.
- When you arrive and leave site, please keep your speed down, don't litter and respect local residents.