Bug Jam 32 - The original and best VW fest
FRIDAY 20th / SUNDAY 22nd JULY 2018 at SANTA POD RACEWAY
A true VW festival in every sense of the word, with a vibrant and fun atmosphere, bringing to life the very essence of VW culture. Europe’s largest VW event incorporates an eclectic mix of all things VW, with drag racing, Run What Ya Brung, nightlife, Show & Shine, comedy, stunt displays, fun fair, massive trade village, autojumble and much more.
What's On At Bug Jam 32
The VWDRC will be joined by nitro burning Euro Funny Car Series, the road legal hot rods of Street Eliminator, the vintage Fords of Serck Motorsport Outlaw Anglia, and Sportsman ET for championships drag racing. More info on the Drag Racing page.
Run What Ya Brung - RWYB
(Fri 12pm-7pm (£20) & Sat 9.30am-3pm (£15))
Get your own VW on the track on Friday and Saturday, unlimited runs and a full performance print out for each run. Don't forget to bring your driving licence if you want to use the track. Full details
Bug Jam hosts five music arenas including the Main Stage, Dance Tent, Retro Tent, BugWam and Fuelers Bar, on both Friday and Saturday evenings, catering for all tastes from indie and dance DJs through to live bands and tribute acts.
*As part of your Sporting Event entrance only.
You don't have to wait till the evening for the entertainment to start at Bug Jam with the BugWam and the Live Stage busy during the day on Friday, Saturday & Sunday!
The BugWam is the perfect place to chill out, relax and put your feet up. There will be live acoustic music and DJs from afternoon through to evening and a licenced bar.
Strictly VWs ONLY
Saturday is the show day for the real head-turners. If you’ve got perfect paintwork, a cool custom ride or a rare vintage VW, make sure you bring your car along to the Autoglym Show & Shine competition. Full details
Strictly VWs ONLY
Sunday will be the day where rusty cars shine! If you’ve got a cool rat-ride, rusty original, mean military or battered baja, get along to the Rust & Rat Show. It's open to entries from 9am, and free to enter. Just rock up, register, and chill out until the presentations take place. Full details
Camping at Bug Jam
Camping is included with all weekend tickets bought in advance or on the gate. As well as General Camping there is Club Camping and Quiet / Family Camping (will be signposted and noise curfews will be strictly enforced). Full details on the Camping page.
VW Club Camping
Spend Bug Jam camping with your members in your own allocated club camping area. You will need at least 10 display vehicles to book club camping. Full details of how to book Club Camping for Bug Jam are on the Clubs page.
Human Powered Racing (Sat)
It’s a simple race from the start-line to the finish-line and back, but no engines are permitted! Anyone can enter and there are four trophies: Fastest Bicycle, Fastest Skate (boots and boards), Fastest Runner, and Most Imaginative Entry.
Get ready to experience Jet Cars when Martin Hill brings out the world record breaking Fireforce 3 Jet Funny Car and the Fireforce 5 Jet Dragster to light up the track.
We’re giving contestants 3 minutes each to show off their talent on the Bug Jam main stage. The great thing is, YOU pick what your talent is! NEW for 2018 - There will be separate contests for Adults on Saturday and Kids on Sunday. Details on the Bug Jam's Got Talent page.
There will be a Beer Festival with ales and ciders from local breweries. So if you’re a real ale fan then head over to Fuelers Bar.
VW Autojumble (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Buyers: Rare and vintage VW parts at bargain prices. Need a decklid for your oval or a period radio for that finishing touch? Have a look here.
Sellers: If you have a veritable scrapyard of second hand parts at home or just a handful of spares, autojumble is the place to sell. Details on Autojumble page.
Cars 4 Sale (Fri, Sat & Sun)
If you've got a car you want to sell, park it up in the Cars For Sale Paddock, stick your phone number on the dashboard, and wait for the calls to come flooding in. Whether you're buying, selling or browsing, this is the best way to shift cars at the show.
Take your off-road dub for some fun in the dirt. A short grass and dirt track will include fun corners and gentle bumps to let you get your kicks and show off your ride. Free entry for all suitable vehicles. Hosted by the Bajaclub.co.uk.
Rolla Disco (Fri, Sat & Sun)
For one weekend a year the Pod Racer Dodgems will become the Pod Racer Rolla Disco Rink with music, lights and smoke machines. It's £5 a go with skates available or bring your own.
Trade Village (Fri, Sat & Sun)
If you're looking for car parts, want a cool t-shirt or fancy a lowrider bicycle to get round site, you'll find it all in the Bug Jam trade areas. Visit the Pod Shops for camping supplies and Bug Jam clothing. View info on how to trade at Bug Jam on the Traders page.
2 Seater Dragster (Sun Only)
For the ultimate thrill ride, the 7 second Santa Pod 2 Seater Dragster will be running with passenger rides available. Details at www.santapod.com.
GoCarShare - Life’s a journey – share it!
At this year’s Bug Jam we are committed to making the festival as green as possible and ask you all to consider your environment and the effect your travel has on it. Therefore we have teamed up with the friendly peeps at GoCarShare to help encourage as many of you as possible to share car journeys by offering lifts. Just click on our page and add your journey, whether you are driving or looking for a lift, and they will match you with someone going the same way.
Go on, not only will you be saving the planet a little at a time, but you’ll be saving pennies too! Download the App now (itunes)
Bug Jam 31
View photos from last year's Bug Jam on the Facebook Gallery.
Follow Bug Jam & Santa Pod on Facebook
Santa Pod Raceway
Santa Pod Raceway is the UK's premier Drag Strip in the middle of England on the border of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. For full venue details please visit www.santapod.com.
Nitro FM on 96.2 will be broadcasting all weekend with live track commentary, a selection of great music, interviews and chat to keep you informed and entertained throughout the day.
Mobile Phone App
Enhance your visit to Santa Pod with the 1320go App which lets you view live timing data on your mobile phone. Details on the App page.
Fill out your e-mail address on the Newsletter page to receive the Santa Pod Email News Letter and you will also be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a £50 Santa Pod Raceway gift voucher.
- EXIT & RE-ENTRY GUIDE: Bug Jam is one of Santa Pod’s busiest and most popular events in the calendar and we have a large number of visitors using rural routes through our neighbouring villages. To relieve our local communities of unnecessary traffic during the event, Bug Jam operates a strict re-entry policy to minimise disruption: visitors choosing to leave the venue anytime during the weekend will need to pay to re-enter the venue even if they have already purchased a ticket. So, please bring all of the camping supplies that you will need for the weekend including enough petrol/diesel! Your continued cooperation in this matter is always appreciated and keeps the Bug Jam vibe alive.
- NO SPACE SAVING: Campers will no longer be able to save space for friends arriving at a later time. Large groups should book club camping pitches, and small groups should aim to arrive together.
- NO LORRIES: Santa Pod will no longer permit entry to anyone arriving in large vans or lorries. Don’t worry, bonafide motorhomes and campervans and all VWs will still be permitted entry!
- LIMITED TICKETS: The number of tickets going on sale will be strictly limited. That means first-come-first-served, and those who book in advance will have priority over anyone trying to buy tickets on the gate. If tickets sell out before the event, NO tickets will be available to buy on the gate, so Santa Pod can be certain that we can accommodate everyone.
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS: Chinese lanterns are banned at Santa Pod Raceway as they pose a real fire hazard to the crops and thatched roofs surrounding the track.
- NO GLASS: No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas. Cars will be searched on arrival.
- When you arrive and leave site, please keep your speed down, don't litter and respect local residents.