Bug Jam 33 - The original and best VW fest
FRIDAY 26th / SUNDAY 28th JULY 2019 at SANTA POD RACEWAY
A true VW festival in every sense of the word, with a vibrant and fun atmosphere, bringing to life the very essence of VW and Campervan culture. Europe’s largest VW event incorporates an eclectic mix of all things VW, with drag racing, Run What Ya Brung, nightlife, Show & Shine, comedy, stunt displays, fun fair, massive trade village, autojumble and much more.
What's On at Bug Jam 33 - Coming Soon
Bug Jam 32 Gallery
View photos from Bug Jam 32 on the Facebook Gallery.
Bug Jam 32 Highlights Video:
Bug Jam 32 Report
Saturday’s lunch break on the track showcased Santa Pod Raceway’s very own Marathon, The Human Powered Race! As ever, hundreds of you rocked up to the start line with some very vibrant and varied forms of human powered transport. Well done to all who completed the half mile; whether you ran, walked, rode, scootered or danced your way to the finish line - we salute you! The trophies went to the following Human Powered Race Champions: Fastest Runner: James McCafferey, Fastest Bicycle: Ewen Bower, Fastest Skater: Timmy Nettles, Most Imaginative: The Dinosaurs!
Bug Wam provided the ultimate chill out zone and rest from the; comfy sofas and live acoustic music created the perfect mellow vibe over the weekend. Little Buggerz kept the kiddies entertained with all sorts of weird and wonderful workshops, activities, shows and games to get stuck into.
Bringing a heavy dose of flame and thunder to the Bug Jam party, Oklahoma Willy, Firestorm and FireForce 3 & 5 took to the track reaching unimaginable speeds in the blink of an eye with Martin Hill’s Jet Dragster, FireForce 5, running a breath-taking 300mph!
The Autoglym Show & Shine Competition was on Saturday this year showcasing an outstanding congregation of VWs; the show paddock saw all types of pristine and stunning automobiles of all shapes and sizes. Whether you were there to see the ultimate custom car, rare original or restored beauty – this impressive line-up of VWs had something for everyone making judging this year particularly hard! We salute all of you who entered – you did us proud! Well done to the winners of the following classes:
On Saturday afternoon, the Main Stage hosted Bug Jam’s Got Talent where it was the audiences chance to be the stars of the show. We saw a fantastic range of performances with singers, guitarists, dancers and even a three-piece comedy act dressed as Baywatch! It was a tough decision for the judges this year with some serious talent to choose from; in the end, it was Beth Croxford who took the prize and the trophy. Well done Beth!
The Show Paddock on Sunday hosted the Rust & Rat Competition. An awesome array of styles and designs were on display making this competition a tough one to call as it can prove to be instinctive and abstract. However, after many turns around the paddock, I’m sure you’ll agree, the winners were as follows:
The RWYB Competition was hard fought so we’d like to congratulate the following winners:
Once the RWYB was finished, the drag racers hit the strip for the championship racing and there was a plethora of classes that kept us entertained throughout:
Hopefully many of you were able to catch the unmistakable sights, sounds and smells of the Top Fuel Nitro Funny Cars out on the ¼ mile over the weekend! With side by side racing from Kevin Chapman and Kevin Kent – the fastest run of the exhibition sessions was a crazy 4.4492 secs @ 283.94 mph from Kevin Kent in his Ford Mustang with West Ten Motorsport!
Midday on Sunday it was the kiddies chance to wow the crowds as the Main Stage hosted Little Buggerz Got Talent – new for 2018! From singers to comedy acts, the judges were very impressed with what they saw; this year, it was Sophie Baron who took the prize and the trophy with her fantastic gymnastics performances. Well done Sophie!
From beetles to buses, campers to caddies and golfs to ghias – Bug Jam 32 saw them all! We hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did and had a fun and action-packed festival. Thank you to everyone who brought a VW along, especially the clubs and those of you who get involved with the competitions. See you next year at Bug Jam 33!!!
All at Santa Pod Raceway
Follow Bug Jam & Santa Pod on Facebook
Santa Pod Raceway
Santa Pod Raceway is the UK's premier Drag Strip in the middle of England on the border of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. For full venue details please visit www.santapod.com.
Nitro FM on 96.2 will be broadcasting all weekend with live track commentary, a selection of great music, interviews and chat to keep you informed and entertained throughout the day.
Fill out your e-mail address on the Newsletter page to receive the Santa Pod Email News Letter and you will also be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a £50 Santa Pod Raceway gift voucher.
- EXIT & RE-ENTRY GUIDE: Bug Jam is one of Santa Pod’s busiest and most popular events in the calendar and we have a large number of visitors using rural routes through our neighbouring villages. To relieve our local communities of unnecessary traffic during the event, Bug Jam operates a strict re-entry policy to minimise disruption: visitors choosing to leave the venue anytime during the weekend will need to pay to re-enter the venue even if they have already purchased a ticket. So, please bring all of the camping supplies that you will need for the weekend including enough petrol/diesel! Your continued cooperation in this matter is always appreciated and keeps the Bug Jam vibe alive.
- NO SPACE SAVING: Campers will no longer be able to save space for friends arriving at a later time. Large groups should book club camping pitches, and small groups should aim to arrive together.
- RESTRICTIONS ON VEHICLES & CONTENTS: Large Box vans (Luton type etc.) and 4.5 ton lorries are not allowed at Bug Jam. Panel vans and camper conversions are allowed. The contents of larger vehicles will be checked and noted on arrival for non camping related items. If you are bringing sofas and similar furniture items to Bug Jam you must take these items away with you when you leave site.
- LIMITED TICKETS: The number of tickets going on sale will be strictly limited. That means first-come-first-served, and those who book in advance will have priority over anyone trying to buy tickets on the gate. If tickets sell out before the event, NO tickets will be available to buy on the gate, so Santa Pod can be certain that we can accommodate everyone.
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS: Chinese lanterns are banned at Santa Pod Raceway as they pose a real fire hazard to the crops and thatched roofs surrounding the track.
- NO GLASS: No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas. Cars will be searched on arrival.
- When you arrive and leave site, please keep your speed down, don't litter and respect local residents.