WARNING TO THE PUBLIC - MOTOR SPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS
Despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. Please comply with all instructions of marshals and notices and remain in permitted areas only. THEY ARE CONCERNED WITH YOUR SAFETY.
Please observe the following rules to ensure that your weekend and that of all our other visitors is safe and enjoyable.
- 10 MPH SPEED LIMIT EVERYWHERE ON SITE
Except for the drag strip of course! Please watch your speed when driving on-site and keep to the roads. There are many people walking around especially young children.
- NO GLASS ON SITE
No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas.
The water supply and reserves have been vastly improved on site in recent years. Drink it, clean with it but PLEASE don't waste it!
Please remember noise from the racing, especially drag cars and exhibition vehicles, including the Jet Car, can be loud. Please wear ear protection at all times in close proximity of the track, especially children. Ear protection can be purchased from the Santa Pod Shop or the Merchandise Trailer.
- NO TRESPASSING
Do not trespass onto any of the adjoining private fields or woods. Any persons found on adjoining property will be evicted off the site immediately.
Absolutely no open fires allowed. Only contained fires, raised off the ground are permitted. Anyone found to be collecting wood from Santa Pod or adjoining private land will be ejected from the event.
Barbecues are welcome but must be off the grass, on something safe. After use let them cool properly and please dispose appropriately.
- NO PETS
No dogs or pets of any kind are allowed on site for any reason (Explanation here).
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS
Chinese lanterns are not permitted at Santa Pod Raceway as they are a fire hazard, anybody caught releasing Chinese lanterns will be removed from site.
- NO FIREWORKS
No Fireworks of any kind are not permitted on site.
- NO UNLICENCED VEHICLES
No quad bikes, mopeds or any other unlicensed motorised vehicles are allowed on site.
- NO INDEPENDENT SOUND SYSTEMS
Independent sound systems are not allowed on site. Any music should be played at a reasonable level and all music should be switched off at 11PM.
- FIRST AID
Medical assistance can be found at the Medical Centre, located at the bottom of the concrete ramp down the bank.
Security will be on site at all times throughout the event to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable time. Their instructions must be followed at all times. Please contact them in any emergency.
- TICKET OFFERS
All offers and discounts are to be used individually and are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- CHILDREN CAMPING
Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult if staying on site over night.
No parking on any roadway - park only in the camping or parking areas and in accordance with the instructions of the parking marshals.
- DRIVING CURFEW
No driving around the site after 9PM.
Please dispose of your litter in the refuse sacks provided and/or in the clearly marked bins throughout the site.
Please bring only essential valuables and do not leave them in tents or on display in cars.
Please note and read the racing disclaimer on the rear of your entrance ticket.
- RESTRICTED AREAS
Never enter restricted areas, even if it looks safe.
- DANGEROUS DRIVING
No stunts, burnouts or donuts in roadways or campsites, any persons found doing so will be evicted off the site immediately.
- SPECTATOR BANKING
For visitor safety and comfort - raised viewing structures, tents or barbeques are not permitted on the spectator banking.
- NO DRONES
No unauthorised aerial drones of any kind are permitted over the site.
- DRUGS & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
Santa Pod Raceway does not condone the dealing in or use of illegal substances; if it’s illegal in the UK it’s also illegal within Santa Pod Raceway. Santa Pod security will take an active role monitoring for drug dealing and will work in full co-operation with Bedfordshire Police. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or any other items which the organisers consider offensive or dangerous will have those items confiscated and the carrier will leave themselves liable for eviction from site. Anyone found in possession of larger quantities will be detained and dealt with by the police.
- OUTSIDE OF EVENTS
Outside of event opening times the raceway is a construction site. Certain areas are dangerous, if you choose to leave the campsite or car park areas, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- FREE WIFI
Free wifi access is available in the Cafe next to the Pod Shop.
Trakbak Racing Limited reserves the right to vary or amend these rules at any time without prior notice and to remove any visitor from site who does not observe these rules at any time without compensation.
All of us at Santa Pod hope that you have a safe and enjoyable weekend at the Raceway. Please let us have any ideas or suggestions you think might make your future visits better.
PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY THROUGH THE SURROUNDING VILLAGES.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please ensure all your valuables are carried with you or locked securely out of sight in your vehicle.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of Santa Pod Raceway (the “Venue”) and any relevant motor racing governing bodies including the FIA, and is valid for the date and that day’s duration of the event shown (the “Event”).
- Any person entering the Venue does so at his/her own risk and that neither the Venue, TrakBak Racing Limited (”Trakbak”), or any other organiser (the “Organiser”), can be held liable for any risk, danger/loss, including bodily harm, personal property damage/loss, or any other incident arising from attendance at the Event whether occurring before, during or after the Event, with the exception of incidents arising from gross negligence and/or wilful misconduct.
- WARNING - Motor sport can be dangerous - and all persons entering the Venue shall co-operate by (i) complying with all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshall’s safety personnel and other legally authorised persons, (ii) producing a valid ticket on request, and (iii) submitting to inspections and allowing removal of unauthorised objects.
- It is forbidden to use, possess, hold or bring the following items without limitation to be assessed at the discretion of the stewards: animals, glass (including all bottles and jars), bonfires, portable viewing structures, unlicensed/unauthorised motor vehicles of any type, weapons, projectiles, flammables, other objects identified by stewards, safety personnel or other authorised persons which may affect security or safety at the Event.
- All tickets remain the property of Trakbak and are not transferable. In the event of a breach of this clause, tickets shall be delivered upon request.
- Photographs from this event are only for use in editorial press publications (with correct crediting of the promoter and event) and it is strictly prohibited to use these photographs for commercial purposes. Any other use needs to be discussed with and approved by Trakbak Racing Ltd before the event. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in legal action.
- Any person entering the Venue acknowledges that it is a public event and agrees that use may be made free of charge of his/her voice, image and likeness by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast or other transmission or recording, photographs or other current or future media technologies.
- Any ticket holder whose actions are inconsistent with or whose tickets have not been obtained in accordance with these terms and conditions will be refused entry or expelled with no right to refund.
- Trakbak/the Organisers reserve the right to vary, and/or amend, and/or cancel [under unforeseen circumstances], any/all advertised events or programmes or schedule at any time.
- Due to cancellation of event content, credit values will be at the sole discretion of Trakbak/the Organiser and under no circumstances will a cash refund be issued.
- Cancelled or rescheduled events - In the unlikely event that an event is completely cancelled or rescheduled, we will issue refunds for the face value of your tickets. If your event is cancelled, we'll usually issue a refund automatically. If your event is rescheduled and you can’t make it then you’ll need to request your refund in writing with your Booking Reference Number to the Box Office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before the original event start date. Santa Pod Box Office, Airfield Rd, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants, NN29 7XA.
- The purchaser of the ticket shall indemnify and hold the Venue/Trakbak/the Organiser harmless from and against all damages and liabilities suffered or incurred in connection with a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that any provision(s) of these Terms and Conditions be declared void, ineffective or unenforceable by any competent court, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in effect.
- The acceptance of the ticket and entry to the Venue shall be deemed full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and rules and regulations referred herein.
- The ticket grants access to a Sporting Event only. Access to collateral/ancillary activities, including music, provided by the Venue in support of the Sporting Event will only be granted under the generic Sporting Event ticket, as no ticket for any collateral activities can be purchased as a standalone.
Additional Bug Jam Essential Info
- EXIT & RE-ENTRY GUIDE: Bug Jam is one of Santa Pod’s busiest and most popular events in the calendar and we have a large number of visitors using rural routes through our neighbouring villages. To relieve our local communities of unnecessary traffic during the event, Bug Jam operates a strict re-entry policy to minimise disruption: visitors choosing to leave the venue anytime during the weekend will need to pay to re-enter the venue even if they have already purchased a ticket. So, please bring all of the camping supplies that you will need for the weekend including enough petrol/diesel! Your continued cooperation in this matter is always appreciated and keeps the Bug Jam vibe alive.
- LIMITED TICKETS: The number of tickets going on sale will be strictly limited. That means first-come-first-served, and those who book in advance will have priority over anyone trying to buy tickets on the gate. If tickets sell out before the event, NO tickets will be available to buy on the gate, so Santa Pod can be certain that we can accommodate everyone.
- RESTRICTIONS ON VEHICLES & CONTENTS: Large Box vans (Luton type etc.) and 4.5 ton lorries are not allowed at Bug Jam. Panel vans and camper conversions are allowed. The contents of larger vehicles will be checked and noted on arrival for non camping related items. If you are bringing sofas and similar furniture items to Bug Jam you must take these items away with you when you leave site.
- NO SPACE SAVING: Campers will no longer be able to save space for friends arriving at a later time. Large groups should book club camping pitches, and small groups should aim to arrive together.
- DAY TICKETS: Saturday and Sunday “Day Tickets” are valid from 8am till racing finishes (approx. 8pm) and DO NOT include evening entertainment or camping. “Day Ticket” parking is outside the venue where a “Park and Ride” shuttle service will be operated. “Day Tickets” may be purchased on the gate until 4pm. “Day Ticket” car parks will be closed at 9pm. NB: Additional ticket charges will be imposed for exit after this time.
- DRUGS & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES:
Santa Pod Raceway does not condone the dealing in or use of illegal substances; if it’s illegal in the UK it’s also illegal within Santa Pod Raceway.
Santa Pod security will take an active role monitoring for drug dealing and will work in full co-operation with Bedfordshire Police. There will be an amnesty bin available at the gate for you to discard anything you have within your possession prior to entry.
Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or any other items which the organisers consider offensive or dangerous will have those items confiscated and the carrier will leave themselves liable for eviction from site. Anyone found in possession of larger quantities will be detained and dealt with by the police.